Word order in Dutch
The Dutch sentence structure is explained in English, examples in Dutch, as you are used from us.LESSONS: 13 | PRICE: 34.5
Struggling with word order in Dutch?
If you've been learning Dutch for a while, you will have noticed that the word order of phrases is different than in many other languages. In this course, we dive deep into the grammar of word order. You will understand why words are in a certain place.
What will you get?
- 13 video lessons on word order + test yourself
- additional material and word lists in the attachments
- 3 full PDFs about word order from our shop including exercises and answers
This course is interesting for you if:
- you have to think a lot about the word order while making a sentence.
- you think the Dutch word order is (still) a mystery.
- you want to learn to speak and write more naturally.
- you already have a basic knowledge of Dutch (at least +/- A2). It is important to have a basic vocabulary before starting this course.
- you speak English. The course is given in English, the examples and the quizes are in Dutch.
This course is not aimed at students with a specific language level. The main aspects of word order are discussed. You can apply these at all levels. This means that this course is interesting for both A2 students and B2 students.
Content of the course
- Sentences with just one verb
- Sentences with two verbs
- Asking questions
- Conjunctions (+ exercise PDF)
- Indirect speech
- The relative clause (+ exercise PDF)
- Word order of adverbs (+ exercise PDF)
- Separable verbs in different types of sentence
Planning for an exam?
Are you planning to take the integration exam (inburgeringsexamen)? Then the first lessons of this course will certainly come in handy.
For students who would like to take the NT2 exam at B1 or B2 level, this course is a perfect way to really get a grip on word order (including the difficult aspects, such as the relative clause) and to take the exam with confidence.
Word order plays an important role, especially in the writing and speaking exam.