Learn the theory
How to use "men" in Dutch
You can use men (one) if the subject is not a specific person. Men is combined with a verb in he/she/het-form, because it is a singular pronoun.
- Men kan op de website meer informatie vinden.
- One can find more information on the website.
Men can also be used as they (ze) when it is not clear who "they" are.
- Men wil graag dat hier meer parkeerplekken komen.
- Ze willen graag dat hier meer parkeerplekken komen.
- They want more parking spaces here.
The Dutch Online Academy offers article, grammar explanations, word lists, Dutch grammar exercises and online Dutch lessons via Skype. Start learning Dutch today!
Login to leave a comment