Learn the theory
How to use "men" in Dutch
You can use men (one) if the subject is not a specific person. Men is combined with a verb in he/she/het-form, because it is a singular pronoun.
- Men kan op de website meer informatie vinden.
- One can find more information on the website.
Men can also be used as they (ze) when it is not clear who "they" are.
- Men wil graag dat hier meer parkeerplekken komen.
- Ze willen graag dat hier meer parkeerplekken komen.
- They want more parking spaces here.
The Dutch Online Academy offers article, grammar explanations, word lists, Dutch grammar exercises and online Dutch lessons via Skype. Start learning Dutch today!